Dobbs Family Picture

This picture was taken on the occasion of CEW Dobbs' 65th birthday in 1905. It was the first time that all of the family members had been together in many, many years. It was taken in Georgia.


Seated from left to right: Gilbert Charles Dobbs, Rev. Dr. Charles Edwin Willoughby Dobbs, Willoughby Barrett Dobbs


Standing from left to right: Clarence Hull Dobbs, Florence Hull Dobbs(2nd wife), Charles Dobbs, Leslie Edwin Dobbs, Ann Elizabeth Dobbs.




Dobbs DNA Project

Contact Stan Bevers at scbevers@comcast.net and see the website www.ftdna/public/dobbs and blog entry below labeled DNA Project.

The Family Genealogist and Story Keeper

My photo
College Park, Maryland, United States
My mission is to find all the descendants of Kedar Dobbs, our Revolutionary War Soldier Ancestor. My genealogy investigations have taken me from New England to Spokane, down through California and into Texas, Utah, around Kentucky and Indiana, and in my own back yard, Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Richmond, Va. I have talked to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cousins all over the country and celebrate each and every one because we are an interesting and dynamic bunch. My place in our genealogical family is this: Rosemary Dobbs, George Whipple Dobbs, Jr., George Whipple Dobbs, Sr., Charles Dobbs, CEW Dobbs, William Drewery Dobbs, Willoughby Dobbs, Kedar Dobbs.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Welcome to Cousin Gail Frances Dobbs

Dear Rosemary:

I read portions of your blog with great interest. My name is Gail Frances Dobbs. I am a member of The Dobbs Family - Generation 5 as noted on your blog. My great-grandfather is Charles Willoughby Barrett Dobbs, my grandfather is his son, Carl (my grandmother is the wonderful Mary Agnes Dougherty Dobbs) - you have listed their children as Charles and Arthur and that is correct, but you are missing one remarkable relative. My father - Willoughby Barrett Dobbs. He is their third child - and a simply beautiful human being.

My brother is Willoughby Barrett Dobbs Jr. - when I have some more time (soon), I will send you information to update your page, including information about my Dobbs cousins and my great uncles and aunts that I think you will find most helpful. For now, I just wanted to establish contact and let you know that I am here. Take care.

Kindest regards,
Gail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail, My name is Willoughby Barrett Dobbs, I was born on 1 August 1948. My father is John Richard Dobbs, his father was Willoughby Barrett Dobbs born in 1896 and died in 1947, his father was Willoughby Barrett Dobbs born in the early 1860's. My son is Willoughby Barrett Dobbs IV. He is 15 going on 16. In and about 1960 my mother showed me a wedding invitation they had received to a Willoughby Barrett Dobbs's wedding. She told me that's what my invitation would look like when I got married. I wonder if the invite is some how related to you.

Regards,

Will Dobbs